On-Demand E-Learning: PMI Codes and Standards Course
Learn at your convenience through this online course for plumbing manufacturing professionals.
- Include the entire team. This program brings valuable information to your entire team – from new hires to professionals who want a refresher course.
- Stay home to learn through this on-demand, e-learning course – saving money and time. No traveling is required, since registrants access this program using PMI's online e-learning tool.
- Benefit from content updated and reformatted into an online course by PMI’s Technical Director Matt Sigler and our industry partners.
This course has been updated for the 2021-2024 code cycle. The updated course includes:
- Knowledge checks throughout the course
- Changes to the 2021 International Plumbing Code (IPC) and Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
- Recent revisions to the Reduction of Lead in Water Drinking Act, the Lead and Copper Rule, and NSF 61
- And more!
The course content is carefully curated for today’s plumbing manufacturing professional. This course is perfect for new learners and professionals who previously took this course.
Part 1: Primer on Standards, Regulations, Codes and Conformity Assessment
Part 1 provides the basics on standards, regulations, codes and conformity assessment for plumbing manufacturers.
- Describe product standards and their role in the plumbing industry.
- Introduce various regulations that impact the plumbing industry.
- Identify the model codes used in the plumbing industry.
- Define conformity assessment, identify third-party certification agencies and marks of conformity.
Part 2: Standards and Topics in Plumbing
Part 2 is a follow-up to “Part 1: Primer on Standards, Regulations, Codes and Conformity Assessment.” It is designed for plumbing manufacturing professionals with technical experience who would like a deeper dive into standards and other important topics.
- Identify the standard development organizations impacting the industry and the standards they produce.
- Describe the concept of "backflow" and its causes, and identify the standards that pertain to backflow prevention.
- Identify the standards that regulate water temperature and the various valves used.
- Identify the minimum water quality standards and conservation requirements that impact the plumbing industry.
- Describe the role and need for accessible design in the industry as well as some of the fundamental provisions regarding such design and installation.
- Understand and describe the regulations affecting manufactured housing.
- Discuss the facts pertaining to Legionella and water supply systems.
All PMI members (employees of PMI member companies) are eligible for PMI member discounted rate. You must be logged in to purchase the course at the remember rate. Request a PMI log-in here. Forgot your password? Click here and select "Forgot your password?".
Discounted Member Rate
- Course bundle: $199.00 (save $39!)
- Individual part: $119
- Individuals who purchased the 2019 version of the course will receive an additional discount. Contact Stephanie Lass, PMI Education Coordinator, by phone at 847-481-5500, extension 106, or by email at email@example.com.
Non-PMI Member Rate
- Course bundle: $299.00 (save $39!)
- Individual part: $169.00
- Individuals who purchased the 2019 version of the course will receive an additional discount. Contact Stephanie Lass, PMI Education Coordinator, by phone at 847-481-5500, extension 106, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5-9 people from the same company will receive a 5% discount and 10+ people will receive a 10% discount. Contact Stephanie Lass with questions and to receive the promo code.
Questions? For more information, contact Stephanie Lass by phone at 847-481-5500, extension 106, or by email at email@example.com.