May 15th, 2018 – May 16th, 2018
The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE), the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), and Plumbing Manufacturers International (PMI), in cooperation with the World Plumbing Council (WPC), will convene the sixth biennial Emerging Water Technology Symposium (EWTS) in Ontario, California, in May 15-16, 2018. A Call for Abstracts for this highly respected event has been issued and is available for download.
Previously called the International Emerging Technology Symposium, the EWTS has been renamed to better associate the event with water- and plumbing-related issues. The sixth EWTS is co-convened by the four associations that have worked together closely over the past few years to grow the symposium and make it a can’t-miss event for those who work or are interested in the fields of safe plumbing, water distribution, and water efficiency. The co-conveners stress that the EWTS is still an international event and welcome abstracts and participation from across the globe.
In fact, the sixth EWTS will have more of an international flair than ever and the WPC is planning to co-locate its 2018 Executive Board and General Membership meetings with the EWTS! This will be the best symposium yet. Plan on attending!
What is it?
There is no other occasion where participants can meet – all at once and in one place – so many well-known experts in the fields of water and energy efficiency. Attendees learn about emerging products and installation practices and witness the exchange of views on new trends in the industry. Participants can hear ideas and approaches about emerging technologies coming to market; learn about innovative green plumbing and mechanical concepts; view presentations and energetic panel discussions; and engage in timely discussions on how the water utility, manufacturing, engineering and trade industries have found solutions through emerging technologies in the water-efficiency, plumbing and mechanical industries.
Sponsors, presenters, and panelists participating in this symposium represent a diverse body of knowledge in the fields of:
• Water, sanitation and health
• Water and energy efficiency
• Water reuse
• Addressing aging water infrastructure
• Water quality
• Mitigating opportunistic pathogens
• Advancements in mechanical systems
• Plumbing research initiatives
• Laws, regulations and policy development
• Topics raised by audience participants during the symposium
Learn, Share, Collaborate
- Network with industry, water efficiency, utility, manufacturer, inventor, government and academia participants
- Discover first-hand ideas and new approaches regarding emerging technologies coming to the market
- Discuss emerging issues challenging the plumbing and mechanical industries with top subject matter experts
- Understand international perspectives on challenges and opportunities on water and energy efficiency
- Participate during lively panel discussions dealing with timely issues facing our industries
- Learn about the unintended consequences of water efficiency and how they are being addressed
- Find practical solutions to new problems by seeing emerging technologies
Visit the product showcase that will feature the latest innovations in the industry and have a chance to win a free registration to the 2020 EWTS!
The 2018 EWTS will be held at the Ontario Doubletree Hotel in Ontario, CA. A special room rate of $139.00 has been arranged for EWTS participants. Please contact the hotel directly at 1-909-937-0900z to reserve your room. Mention the Emerging Water Technology Symposium to secure the special room rate.