2015 Year in Review
- Member Engagement: 33 members renewed dues (27 manufacturing; six allied); three new manufacturing members were added: Franke, Similor AG and Viega LLC; staff conducted 11 member visits; PMI also instituted a Member Satisfaction Scorecard system to track engagement with PMI and policymakers.
- PMI Leadership: Created an Allied Member Committee and named a chair to serve as a liaison between Allied Members and PMI Board of Directors (BoD); held strategy sessions between BoD and committee chairs during PMI Conference regarding 2016 engagement and best practices.
- PMI Governance: PMI’s BoD completed a comprehensive overhaul of association policies.
- Executive Engagement:
- Hosted 2 Executive Fly-Ins including the inaugural California Fly-In (May 6) and D.C. (Sep 15-16).
- Held a Congressional Briefing in Washington, D.C. (April 13) during Water Week.
- Created an Executive Audio Summary of Advocacy/Government Affairs Committee Meetings.
- Strengthening Bonds: PMI joined the U.S. Water Alliance and the Value of Water Coalition and continued developing alliances with other organizations throughout the year.
- Enhancing our visibility as an authoritative voice: Released a PMI video telling how PMI members’ products save water while meeting high safety and performance standards, narrated by celebrity spokesperson Bill Kurtis.
- Research: PMI commissioned two studies: WaterSense Market Penetration Study and a report confirming the total number of member company employees and percentage of U.S. plumbing manufacturing workforce to enhance advocacy efforts.
- Legislative Efforts: Proactively engaged with policymakers in California including the implementation of the timeline for increased regulations and provisions for sell-through of existing product and issued five press releases during 2015 dedicated to support of legislative efforts including the Water Use Act (H.R.3720) and North American Energy Security and Infrastructure Act (H.R.8).
- Success in the Technical Arena:
- Development of a Product Category Rules (PCR) document for kitchen and bath vessels and submitted comments on an additional seven standards.
- Testified at code hearings to support PMI member initiatives and preferences with an average of 88% success rating at IPC Code Hearings; attended ten events in total.
By the Numbers
- 2015 PMI Conferences: record setting event with 128 registered attendees including: 85 attendees from member companies, 18 first timers, nine prospects and a sell-out for exhibiting sponsors. The event was covered by local KSAT News and shown on the evening news.
- Continued letter campaign to governors of drought states with 25 letters sent to date.
- PMI crafted articles in print= 32; Articles mentioning PMI= 25; PMI Advertisements= 5; Press Releases= 18 and dedicated #WhyPlumbingMatters social campaign.
- Completed surveys including: Member Satisfaction Survey and attendee and sponsor conference surveys.
- Attended seven industry/partner conferences; PMI presented at six events as a featured/guest speaker.
Please click here to see each quarter’s report in more detail.
Respectfully submitted, Barbara C. Higgens, PMI CEO/Executive Director