Congressional Visits Scorecard:
(Currently on record, 2014): Delta Faucet Co. (1); Fluidmaster, Inc. (1); HOLDRITE (1); InSinkErator (1); Kohler Co. (1); Lavelle Products (1); Moen Inc. (1); Symmons Industries Inc. (1); TOTO (1); WCM Industries (1)
- 11 PMI CEO’s participated in an Executive Fly-In to Washington D.C. with visits to 35 congressional offices with lawmakers and staff; co-convened with the American Supply Association
- Co-convened the third annual meeting of the Plumbing Leadership Industry Coalition (PILC was founded by PMI, ASPE and IAPMO in 2012)
- Co-convened the International Emerging Technology Symposium.
- PMI CEO featured on an International Panel during the CEIR Conference to discuss Water Efficiency Labelling Programs with the EU Commission.
- PMI CEO named 2014 Business Leader of the Year by local Chamber of Commerce.
- Formed a coalition to advocate before the California Energy Commission (CEC), the California Building Standards Commission and the Department of Housing and Community Development, against formal regulations mandating unsafe, inappropriate flow/flush rates
- Formed a coalition and appeared before the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment to advocate against onerous new requirements to warnings required under Prop 65
- Advocated for and supported U.S. Senate bill S.2226 The WaterSense Efficiency, Conservation, and Adaption Act of 2014 (Udall/Boxer) which includes authorization for the WaterSense Program
- PMI drafted, rallied the Plumbing Industry Leadership Coalition to sign on, and then delivered a letter of support for S. 2226 to all members of the Senate.
- Joined 30 organizations in signing a coalition letter supporting the Nexus of Energy and Water for Sustainability (NEWS) Act (S.1971) circulated by Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Signed coalition letter regarding The Secret Science Reform Act (HR.4012) with 29 other trade associations lead by American Chemistry Council to ensure veracity of science for EPA regulations
- Participated in the meeting of EPA’s National Drinking Water Advisory Council Lead and Copper Rule Working Group
- Launched PMI’s new Expanded Sponsorship Program for2014 Fall Conference
- Secured PMI booth space at the ASPE tradeshow in September
- Secured noted media personality Bill Kurtis to moderate a round table panel of PMI Executives at the 2014 PMI Fall Conference.
- Completed an historic plumbing industry timeline showing the key developments and PMI impact
- Aggressive messaging to promote the retrofitting of legacy products to maximize Water Efficiency
- PMI as featured in 27 articles from various media sources
- Issued more than 300 messages via various social media channels regarding retrofit messaging
- Pursued and obtained a favorable interpretation from DOE regarding faucet aerator testing
Barbara C. Higgens
PMI CEO/Executive Director