Congressional Visits Scorecard:
(Currently on record, 2013): Amerikam, Inc. (1); Bradley Corp. (1); Delta Faucet Co. (3); Dornbracht Americas (1); Elkay Mfg Co. (1); Fisher Mfg Co. (1); Fluidmaster, Inc. (3); InSinkErator (2); Kohler Co. (8); Lavelle Products (1); Moen Inc. (2); Sloan Valve Co. (1); Symmons Industries Inc. (1); T&S Brass and Bronze Works, Inc. (1); Chase Brass and Copper Co. (1); NSF International (1)
- December PMI/ American Supply Association (ASA) Summit with the PMI Strategic Advisory Council (SAC) and ASA executives to explore and align 2014 advocacy strategy
- Governance changes to reduce board size, shorten terms and enhance candidate selection process
- Introduced streamlined dues schedule for 2014
- Completed the ‘How Low Can We Go and How Do We Know’ exercise to identify areas of needed research to establish maximum efficiency limits
- Successful Fall Conference with 35 First Time Attendees
- Five New PMI Members (four new Allied Members, bringing the total number of Allied members to seven)
- Provided support and background information for the Colorado legislation to mandate to WaterSense-approved products.
- Launched Mobile App for Apple and Android smart phones and tablets for efficient communication to policymakers, members and prospects
- Issued a Water Utility Follow-up Letter to water utility managers, emphasizing PMI’s role in the industry and inviting them to our Fall Conference
- PMI was featured in ten known articles in industry publications in response to press releases; and one video interview with PMI President Jeff Baldwin at the Fall Conference
- Attended the Greenbuild Tradeshow successfully engaging more than 60 prospective new members, conference attendees and members of the press
- Selected a vendor for the remodel of the PMI and Safe Plumbing websites with work to begin in January of 2014
- Social Media highlights: Instituted new series on Safe Plumbing Twitter, Thursdays at 4:30pm EST #PlumbingDidYouKnow; Successfully completed hashtag contest at the Fall Conference that resulted in over 100 original references to PMI online over three days
- Submitted a formal objection to NSF International on the inclusion of plumbing fixture fittings in NSF 14 which covers plastic and PEX products.
- Worked with the California Energy Commission on their current rulemaking covering plumbing products and entered formal comments into the docket.
- Submitted comments to the US Environmental Protection Agency on their Notice of Intent on a new WaterSense standard for flushometer water closets.
- Coordinated requests for information from the Los Angeles Department of Building Services with PMI Allied Certification Members to resolve marking issues on plumbing products.
- Provided additional comments to the Department of Energy (DOE) rulemaking on test procedures for all plumbing products to respond to statements submitted by Natural Resource Defense Council.
- Continuing to push back on the DOE final rule where new information was presented that was not reviewed during the rulemaking process. Another letter outlining the need and use of markings and advertising for dual flush water closets has been submitted to reverse this last minute language.
- Worked with our Canadian partners at the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH) to submit a code change proposal to the Quebec Plumbing Board to reverse their previous change banning pressure balancing valves in care facilities.
- Coordinated comments on the Canadian National Plumbing Code with CIPH to object to max tech proposals for water efficiency in Canada.
- Contacted Costco about non-compliant plumbing products being sold in their stores.
Industry Coalitions and Outreach:
- ARCSA: Signed an memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association
Barbara C. Higgens
PMI CEO/Executive Director