Quarterly Report - 4th Qtr 2015
- Showing legislative support: PMI issued a statement in support of the Water Use Act (H.R. 3720) the latest bill calling for WaterSense Authorization and commending passage of North American Energy Security and Infrastructure Act (H.R.8).
- Hosted record breaking conference: The PMI conference “The Future of Water: Wins, Woes and Worries” in San Antonio, TX (October 26-29) set new records with: 30 of 33 member companies present and 85 individual members attendees. There were 128 total registered attendees including: 18 first-time attendees; nine prospective members, 20 guest speakers and VIP guests; six new committee chairs, three guest sponsors, three members of the press and 11 consultants/staff.
- PMI governance: Members voted to approve the proposed 2016 Board slate, dues levels, and bylaws during the General Member meeting at the 2015 PMI Conference.
- PMI Conference makes prime-time news. ABC affiliate KSAT news attended the “Future of Water” panel discussion at the PMI Conference and aired a segment on the evening news about San Antonio’s water conservation efforts, including an interview with PMI CEO/Executive Director, Barbara Higgens.
- Measuring attendee satisfaction: Conducted an Attendee Satisfaction Survey and an Expanded Sponsor Satisfaction Survey of the 2015 PMI Conference. Feedback helps PMI continue to make improvements to our conferences and provide the best value to participants.
- Developing and strengthening allies:
- Attendance and participation in conferences hosted by: National Association of Manufacturing (NAM); Bathroom Manufacturers Association (BMA); Plumbing Heating and Cooling Contractors (PHCC) and Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH) and Greenbuild 2015.
- Announced PMI’s new membership in U.S. Water Alliance and their Value of Water Coalition.
- Strengthening bonds with members: PMI conducted a site visit to newest member Viega LLC, as well as visits to three additional members including one international visit.
- Success in the technical arena:
- Persuaded the ICC A117.1 committee to vote in favor of deleting a lavatory basin setback requirement until further research is conducted.
- PMI’s Sustainability Task Group submitted membership comments for PMI’s PCR Guidance Documents for Kitchen and Bath Vessels.
- Getting the word out:
- Issued 4 press releases advocating for, and applauding policymakers’ efforts on behalf of WaterSense and rebate programs, as well as PMI’s joint initiative with CIPH to harmonize plumbing standards in North America.
- Audio summaries of lobbyist updates posted on private YouTube channel for members.
- PMI’s letter campaign continues to another 11 governors of drought-stricken states, encouraging them to create awareness of and rebates programs for WaterSense products.
- Crystal Vision Awards Breakfast: 16th Annual Awards Breakfast from Storehouse of World Vision, Wednesday, January 20, 2016 during the KBIS/IBS show in Las Vegas, NV. Register online here.
- International Emerging Technologies Symposium (IETS): Convened by PMI and nine other industry associations. Registration is now open. Event scheduled for May 10-11, 2016
Respectfully submitted, Barbara C. Higgens, PMI CEO/Executive Director