Matt Sigler, Plumbing Manufacturers International (PMI) technical director and resident of Orlando, Fla., has added two more committee appointments to his long list of active plumbing industry leadership posts.
Sigler has been appointed to a committee that oversees NSF/ANSI 61 and 372 – plumbing industry standards restricting the lead content of materials coming into contact with drinking water. Sigler’s term on the Joint Committee on Drinking Water Additives – System Components began in March 2017.
Sigler also recently began participating on the International Code Council’s Plumbing, Mechanical, Fuel Gas Code Action Committee (PMGCAC), which is charged with developing code proposals for the IPC (plumbing), IMC (mechanical), IFGC (fuel gas), ISPSC (swimming pools and spas) and corresponding sections in the IRC (residential). Sigler is currently coordinating suggestions from PMI members for developing code proposals for the 2021 version of the ICC codes.
PMI members produce 90 percent of the nation’s plumbing products, which include toilets, showerheads and faucets. Sigler also currently represents PMI members on the following committees:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) A112 Plumbing Materials and Equipment Technical Committee, 2015-Present
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) Uniform Plumbing Code Technical Committee, 2015-Present
- IAPMO Water Efficiency and Sanitation Standard Technical Committee, 2015-Present
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) SPC 188 Technical Committee, 2015-Present
- ICC A117.1 Technical Committee, 2014-Present
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) F15 Consumer Products Technical Committee, 2016-Present
- Canadian Plumbing Industry Advisory Council, 2014-Present
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accreditation Committee, 2014-Present
- Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) Research Committee, 2014-Present
- NSF 350 Task Group on Non-Potable Water Use, 2016-Present
- NSF 459 Biofilm Protocol Development Committee, 2015-Present
- NSF 444 Prevention of Injury and Disease Associated with Building Water Systems Committee, 2015-Present
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC) National Standard Plumbing Code Committee, 2014-Present
Plumbing Manufacturers International is the voluntary, not-for-profit international industry association of manufacturers of plumbing products, serving as the Voice of the Plumbing Industry. Member companies produce 90 percent of the nation’s plumbing products. As part of its mission, PMI advocates for plumbing product performance and innovation contributing to water savings, sustainability, public health and safety, and consumer satisfaction. For more information on PMI or its conferences, contact the organization at 1921 Rohlwing Road, Unit G, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008; tel.: 847-481-5500; fax: 847- 481-5501. www.safeplumbing.org.
Ray Valek, email@example.com, 708-352-8695