If you care about the future of the plumbing manufacturing industry and want to enhance your capabilities for dealing with the changes ahead, the 2018 PMI Conference is the place to be from Nov. 5-8, 2018.
Top Reasons to Attend the 2018 PMI Conference
In no particular order of importance:
- The Wigwam Resort is a premiere site for both business conferences and personal relaxation. Located west of Phoenix in Litchfield Park, the Wigwam provides the perfect setting for daily activities ranging from gaining the latest industry knowledge to watching the sunset.
- Global Futurist Jack Uldrich. Best-selling author Jack Uldrich will give a keynote speech about technology, change management and leadership. His work is based upon the transformational principles of unlearning, or freeing yourself from obsolete knowledge and assumptions as a strategy to survive and thrive.
- Legionella Expert Joseph Cotruvo. This water, environment and public health consultant will deliver a keynote presentation about how this waterborne pathogen can be better controlled and why water system managers should make Legionella prevention a priority.
- PMI Conference attendees will be immersed in a professional environment of individuals who have both common and complementary interests. The contacts you make during receptions, meals and special events will extend your influence within your organization and beyond.
- The Latest About WaterSense. Having received strong support from Congress during 2018, the WaterSense program continues to impress and make a strong case for permanent funding. We will share the latest news about this voluntary program that promotes water-efficient and high-performing plumbing products.
- Commerce and Trade. With tariffs, NAFTA and other trade issues making the daily headlines, a panel of experts will discuss the impact of politics and regulation on the global plumbing manufacturing marketplace.
- Advocacy/Government Affairs. California and Washington, D.C., remain the hotbeds of legislative and regulatory activity pertaining to plumbing manufacturers, but other states with water shortages are becoming more influential. Hear the latest from experts in this area.
- Tara Lohan, Deputy Editor, The Revelator, Center for Biological Diversity, and Outreach/Communications. Speaker Tara Lohan will address all attendees about water-related challenges facing the nation. During the Outreach/Communications track, participate in a panel discussion about media, provide input about PMI’s future objectives, and discuss the workforce-related challenges facing the plumbing manufacturing industry.
- Technical Expertise. A mainstay of PMI, technical experts from member companies will discuss a range of issues relating to codes, standards and regulations, including recycled water, potentially hazardous materials or chemicals, packaging, and product certification and labeling requirements.